Helping You Find Your Way to Better Health
Our clients are adults with diabetes or at risk for developing diabetes.
Our Diabetes Educators are a Registered Nurse (RN) and Registered Dietitian (RD) who specialize in diabetes education. Our team provides one to one counselling and holds group sessions in various community locations.
Our group and individual sessions cover topics on:
• What is diabetes?
• Healthy eating and exercise
• Blood sugar testing
• Weight management
• Insulin adjustment
• Carbohydrate counting
• Label reading
• Financial and community resources.
Benefits of Diabetes Education:
• empower clients to take control of their own health
• stay as healthy as possible for as long as possible
• learn about healthy eating and how to become more active
• set realistic goals
• monitor progress
• obtain referrals
• adjust your goals and refresh your learning as your life changes
• meet others with diabetes and share information
Call directly or ask your doctor/health care provider to refer you to us if you:
• live or work in Brock Township (Beaverton, Cannington, Sunderland) or surrounding areas;
• have diabetes or think you are at risk for diabetes;
• have a group that is interested in learning more about diabetes, healthy eating or exercise.
Family and friends are encouraged to participate in the educational sessions.
All services of the Diabetes Education team are free.
Click here to view the Diabetes Education Program brochure.
Locations / Hours of Operation
Beaverton Thorah Health Centre, 468 Main Street East, Beaverton, Ontario L0K 1A0
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursdays 12:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Brock Community Health Centre, 64 Cameron Street East, Cannington, Ontario L0E 1E0
Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sunderland Medical Centre, 26 Church Street South, Sunderland, Ontario L0C 1H0
First Thursday monthly (as required)
Flexible hours are available upon request to meet the needs of our clients.
Diabetes educators believe in living well with diabetes, and also that early screening, prevention and health promotion are key to reducing diabetes in our area. We are pleased to provide diabetes information and support at workshops, events, and activities in the community and for other health professionals.
Contact us for information about group sessions or to book an appointment to see our diabetes educators one-on-one.
Physician/Health Care Provider Referral Form
Please call 705.426.4636 for referrals from physician/health care provider.