Community Development / Health Promotion
Building Healthy Communities
Health care is more than treating illness; it is about all the factors that will allow you to live, learn, work and play.
Brock Community Health Centre (Brock CHC) is here to work with individuals, families and the community to increase access to supports, programs and services such as:
• quality early childhood care
• employment and job security
• adequate income and social status
• education and lifelong learning
• affordable and safe housing
• freedom from family violence
• access to healthy food
• cultural and recreational needs
• healthy social and physical environments.
A strong community is a healthy community. Brock CHC’s mandate is to assist local residents to build and sustain a healthier community.
Click here to download the Community Development and Health Promotion brochure.
Community development is a collaborative process that begins with understanding, identifying and prioritizing all the issues that are important to residents and their communities.
Together with community organizations and services (e.g., schools, housing providers, faith communities, township officials and volunteer groups), we will develop supportive and creative solutions to improve the health of the community and the people that make the community.
Health Promotion is the process of enabling people to take more control over many of the factors that affect their health.
Understanding the importance of staying healthy begins with you. The goal of health promotion is to increase:
• your awareness of what health means to you
• your understanding of how your surroundings affect your health, and
• your ability to access and use information to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Brock CHC will help community members to understand that they can improve their lives and better their living conditions.